Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

My nephew is visiting and I offered him a reward if he could find my lost crochet hook.  He said he'd take the challenge and went out to the backyard to search.  After about a half hour he came to me and asked me to show him exactly what he was trying to find.  Leave it to a guy to search for something and not know what it looks like.

Anyhow, I showed him a longer hook, explained that he was looking for something shorter and sent him on
his way.  He was determined and after another 45 minutes he came to me and said "Hey, Aunt Monica, is this what you're looking for?"

I was SO happy I almost squeezed the life out of him.  I offered him a reward - basically anything.  What did he pick?  A pewter keychain that we found when we went to the Icelandic Festival.

Here's the math:
Finding Aunt Monica's lost hook = pewter keychain.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Happiest day! I love little kids because they'll do this sort of thing forever! Yay!

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

hahaha, made you both happy :D, how fun a little pewter key chain can be and a young man can be :)

shannon_in_love said...

THATS GREAT!

Teresa said...

That is an adorable keychain! I would have looked for your crochet hook for at least an hour for that!

Fox said...

Just saw this... Hilarious!

I buy regular crochet hooks - very cheap - and take them to Home Hardware, where a very nice man cuts them down for me. Then I file the end to a smooth roundness. Have not lost one, but because of the above, would not panic if I did!
Fox : )