Monday, January 5, 2009

Split Rings

With the help of probably every single on-line video about split rings I finally learned how to make them.
Yippee for me!

Who knew the "trick" for reverse stitches was keeping the tension on my fingers tight? And that is quite a trick after 20 years of training my fingers to automatically loosen the tension so my rings would slide.

So I practiced split rings some more and some more and some more.
Then I tried following a split ring pattern a book.
I obviously still need practice, but not too bad for a first try.


All this, just so I can tat a dragon.

But, turns out I still can't make that dragon because you have to know how to make Single Shuttle Split Rings! Oh, the agony of it all..... So, now to figure out SSSR. On the plus side, my tatting skills are advancing...

No comments: