Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blog CatchUp

I haven't added anything new to my blog in ages - seems like I haven't had time to play around on my computer.  As far as playing with string is concerned, I haven't been doing much but I thought I'd share with you some of what I've done since my last update.

In January I finished my bookmarks and made a few snowflakes to put into my Christmas letters.  I like the snowflake pattern so I think I'll be making more. 

















One of the ladies I work with was telling me how 2012 is the year of the dragon and that red is a lucky colour.  So, for her work anniversary, I tatted her a red dragon and sent it to her.  She was very surprised and delighted that a dragon found its way to her.  Made with #5 pearl cotton. 


















My very first toe-up knitted socks AND they have a lace pattern knitted into them (also a first for me).  You can't really see the pattern, but I assure you, it's there.  I haven't cast off the second sock yet because the first one doesn't have a very good stretch on the cuff so it's a bit uncomfortable.  I need to find a better cast-off technique than the regular old way.






















I'm working on another pair of toe-up socks too.  These ones are just plain knit but done two at a time on once circular needle.  I love self striping yarn - you just knit and the socks look great.

















Looks like I better get back to knitting - I have three socks to finish!

No comments: